The Student News Site of Roger Williams University

The Hawks' Herald

The Student News Site of Roger Williams University

The Hawks' Herald

The Student News Site of Roger Williams University

The Hawks' Herald

Fashionable Fundraising: Thrift Shop Pop-Up Event

The flyer for the Pop Up Thrift Shop. Courtesy of Feminists United and Sustainability Club.

Any of you who have done your laundry recently, so hopefully all of you, might have noticed the donation bin placed nearby. This bin, and many more like it across campus, has been collecting clothing, accessories, and other unwanted items from students for a Thrift Store Pop-Up that will be taking over D’Angelo Commons (the library quad) from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on April 15. 

The combined forces of Feminists United and the Sustainability Club are leading this event, intending to raise money for two charities, one to represent each organization’s goal. 

One of these charities is Woman for Woman International, which has recently celebrated 30 years of helping women all across the globe by providing them food, blankets, access to a trauma hotline, and feminine hygiene kits. 

The other organization has not been decided at the time of writing. 80% of the profits from this event will be going to these two organizations, with the other 20% being split through the two clubs, giving students even more reason to shop until they drop.      

Story continues below advertisement

 “We are all really excited to create an opportunity for students to get rid of their clothes in a sustainable way and we want to promote the purchasing of second-hand goods!” said Alex Mascaro secretary, of the Sustainability Club. 

Stop by on the 15th, with cash in hand, and improve your closet while you help improve the world.   

Thrift donation drop site in Upper
Commons. (Sage Shuster-Wright)


Leave a Comment
More to Discover
About the Contributor
Sage Shuster-Wright
Sage Shuster-Wright, Herald Photographer
Sage is currently a freshmen at Roger, in her first year with the Hawks' Herald. She is a double major in Educational Studies and Psychology, with the plan to become an Early Childhood Teacher. She is also apart of the Photography and Outing clubs.

Comments (0)

All The Hawks' Herald Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *