Are you ready for Wicked Week?

“It’s the Great Pumpkin, Roger Williams”

Amy Martin, Features Editor

An annual week of spooky, Halloween fun is coming up next week! Who’s ready for Wicked Week, hosted by Campus Entertainment Network (CEN) and Where’s the Fun (WTF)?

The week starts out on Monday, Oct. 26, with a costume contest co-hosted with WTF. Students can either submit their Halloween costumes on Instagram to @rwucen, or stop by the CEN table wearing their costumes for a chance to win prizes!

The Great Pumpkin Carve-Off, which is being co-sponsored by Habitat for Humanity is the next day on Tuesday, Oct. 27. Students can sign up for the pumpkin carving contest on HawkLink and join in on a live viewing of the classic movie”Halloweentown” from 7-9 p.m. Pumpkins and carving kits can be picked up at the CEN table the same day, and submissions of finished carvings can be sent to @rwucen on Instagram for voting in order to win 1st, 2nd or 3rd place prizes!

On Wednesday, Oct. 28, CEN is hosting a Create Your Own Leaf Lantern event. Students can either join the organization in the Global Heritage Hall (GHH) Atrium from 8-9 p.m. to decorate their lanterns and eat some fall treats, or take their kits to go!

On Thursday, Oct. 29, CEN is hosting Swoop’s Spooktacular Scavenger Hunt! From 8-10 p.m., search the campus using the GooseChase app for a chance to win Hawk Dollars.

The week will finish off with a Virtual Haunted House of the Winchester Mystery House in California on Friday, Oct. 30, which will be co-hosted with WTF, and a Halloween Carnival on Halloween! Check out the mechanical pumpkin, candy corn bowling and more in the D’Angelo Common from 3-6 p.m.

Students should make sure they RSVP to any event they want to participate in. They can drop by the CEN Table Times outside the Rec Center between 11 a.m.- 2 p.m. throughout the week for any necessary supplies and information about the events. They can also pick up bags of candy when they stop by!

“We want students to have a week full of fun and unique events,” the committee chairs of CEN said. “We hope to get students in the Halloween spirit with our theme ‘It’s the great pumpkin, Roger Williams.'”

Wicked Week is jam-packed with spooky and autumnal activities to get students ready for Halloween, and they are definitely worth checking out! If students have any questions related to these events, they can send an email to [email protected].