Grab a celebratory bite around town

The view from the second story window of the Beehive Cafe.

Emma Bartlett, Arts & Culture Editor

The Lobster Pot

Get ready to eat some of the best seafood in Rhode Island! Located at 119 Hope St. in Bristol, The Lobster Pot prides itself on its chowder and lobster. This restaurant, which overlooks the bay, is a two-minute drive off campus and is a great spot for families to gather.

Bristol Oyster Bar

Located at 448 Hope St. in Bristol, the Bristol Oyster Bar is known for its homemade chips, diverse selection of oysters and to die for lobster rolls. This restaurant will take care of all your seafood needs and is worth visiting.

Bristol House of Pizza

One can never go wrong with pizza. Bristol House of Pizza, located at 55 State St. in Bristol, offers a variety of pizzas, grinders and calzones that will likely please every family member.

Jacky’s Galaxie & Sushi Bar

Have a hankering for Chinese or Japanese food? Try Jacky’s Galaxie & Sushi Bar at 383 Metacom Ave. in Bristol. The entrees are fairly large, so anticipate on taking leftovers home.

Aidan’s Pub

Located on 5 John St. in Bristol, Aidan’s is a traditional Irish pub that is well known for its homemade corned beef, “Farmer’s Stew,” hand-cut pub fries and burgers. This venue also serves beer from all over the world. Since commencement entails a celebratory week, make sure to stop by for a celebratory drink. 

Le Central

Would you care to take a quick trip to France while you’re in Rhode Island? Stop by Le Central, located at 483 Hope St. in Bristol, for classic French meals. Open for brunch, lunch and dinner, Le Central’s dishes include crepes, the traditional croque monsieur and Moroccan chicken. 

Metacom Kitchen

Metacom Kitchen at 322 Metacom Ave. in Warren offers a variety of food options. The menu changes periodically and food is on the expensive side, but meals never fail to be tasty. Favorites include: black pepper fettuccini, sirloin steak and the daily duck.