RWU annual spring concert performers have been revealed

The poster revealing the band and comedian performing during “March Meltdown. Courtesy of CEN

The RWU Campus Entertainment Network (CEN) recently concluded their annual “March Meltdown” week, leaving students with much to look forward to later in the Spring 2024 semester.

This year, March Meltdown was themed around pirates, bearing the title “Roger’s Hidden Treasures.” 

From March 19-23, RWU students could take part in daily activities such as a field trip to an escape room with an axe throwing section, a craft night, and even a night on campus showcasing belly dancers and an LED light show. 

Last Friday, members of CEN announced the long-awaited performers for the campus’ Spring Week, which is arguably the biggest event of the school year. The unveiling received an incredibly positive response from students.

Everyone lit up when a banner dropped to reveal that American pop band COIN will be the main attraction when CEN hosts yet another week of activities in April. 

Soon after the initial announcement, sophomore and long-time fan of COIN, Celeste Roberson, exclaimed, “This is a dream!”

Alongside COIN, eccentric comedian Preacher Lawson will take the stage and entertain students with some of his routines.

Sounds of excitement buzzed through the crowd as COIN’s top song “Talk Too Much” echoed across the grounds in front of the library. All students who attended the reveal walked away in good spirits with either grilled cheese sandwiches or donuts in their hands, kindly provided by CEN members and a food truck.

Many are anticipating the date for when tickets will be sold for the Spring Concert. As of now, there is no set date on when students may purchase them to see COIN and Preacher Lawson, but keep an eye out for updates in the very near future.

The Spring Concert will be held on Thursday, April 25, and Preacher Lawson will perform on Friday, April 26. Stay tuned!