Upper hacks 2

Sydney Zobel

Does cereal belong on ice cream? Is it okay to bring in personal seasonings? Learn new ways to play with your food on your next trip to Upper commons!

One of my favorite hacks is something I like to call “The Breakfast cornucopia”. The only ingredients you need are: a mini croissant, scrambled eggs, and hash browns.

The first step is to rip off one of the ends of the croissant and hollow it out using your finger.

Then, stuff the scrambled eggs and hash brown into the croissant!

Pro tip: croissants are very popular in the mornings, so head to upper early to secure your pastry.

Moving on from savory hacks, Ben Auger, a sophomore and a regular at Upper Commons, has an interesting take on frozen yogurt.

“I create my own flavor of frozen yogurt using cereal. It starts with vanilla frozen yogurt and then you add whatever cereal you like. You could go with Cinnamon Toast Crunch or Captain Crunch,” Auger suggested.

Auger’s personal favorite combo is the Cinnamon Toast Crunch. “It’s a very versatile dish, you can do whatever you want with it,” said Auger.

I have yet to try this hack but I’m sure that the cereal adds the perfect amount of crunch to this otherwise smooth dessert!

Freshman Payton Felix takes upper dining to the next level. “I bring around my Tony Chachere’s spice, and I put it on literally EVERYTHING I eat,” said Felix.

From potatoes to salads and everything in between, Felix guarantees that adding some creole spice will elevate any meal! Maybe even one day you will see a can of Tony Chacheres on the condiment table at Upper. You better believe that I am adding this seasoning to my shopping list! Other students have been seen carrying around a spice called Adobo. I think this calls for a taste test!

I hope this inspires you to get creative the next time you find yourself at the dining hall!

View Comments (1)