Meet one of the stars of PorchFest: Dred Buffalo

Jocelyn Jackson
Singer Alerisa Rose and lead guitarist Chase Cavacco play at Brisol’s Porchfest.

High Street in downtown Bristol was crowded with Porchfest attendees on Sunday, Sept. 16. Towards the last half of the night the rock band Dred Buffalo played for a large audience.

Occasionally, children joined them at the front of the crowd dancing with the band’s lead singer Alerisa Rose. Dred Buffalo played a variety of music from original songs to classic rock covers. 

The band was established in January of 2022 and played their first show together in February 2020. All of the members have known each other since 2019 but were in different groups at the time. Rose was originally a solo artist until she brought along Chase Cavacco as a drummer who eventually transitioned to the band’s guitarist. 

Then eventually, they completed the group with drummer Logan Underwood and bassist Nate Svogun. 

They all discussed the band dynamic, Rose will do a lot of vocal work and the three boys compose the instrumentals.

“One of the band’s greatest strengths is that we’re all multi-instrumentalists, we all write songs, and we all have slightly different genre preferences,” said Underwood. 

The members of Dred Buffalo said they were thrilled to see how many people attended, they enjoyed watching their audience dance and sing along with them. 

Drummer Logan Underwood. (Jocelyn Jackson)