CEN kicks off 1, 2, 3 Weekend

Singer Tyler Rich performing onstage during 1, 2, 3 Weekend.

Snacking, singing, sitting under the stars, RWU students had a blast at CEN’s first 1,2,3 Weekend event of the year. 

Cosmic Curveball, which took place on the evening of Friday, Sept. 1, featured a fantastical zero-gravity juggling act including spinning hoops, glass orbs, and tricky yo-yo maneuvers. 

Saturday night, Sept. 2, was the Big Screen Ball Game event. Students curled up in blankets on the GHH lawn with classic snacks like popcorn and crackerjack to watch The Sandlot on an inflatable screen. The wind and movie effects combined made the viewing particularly entertaining. 

The last event was the Fall Concert on the rugby field performed by country singer Tyler Rich on Sunday, Sept. 3. Blasting his classic songs as well as a cover of Michael Jackson’s Billie Jean, Rich and his band gave students a wild time and plenty of free merch. Some concert-goers walked away with guitar picks or drink sleeves, others got hats or concert setlists, and those who stuck around until the end of the show could have their items signed.