CEN announces spring concert and comedian

Students waited for their free potato from The Hot Potato food truck.

Rachel Dvareckas, Managing Editor

Fog, wind and a sign malfunction could not stop the excitement of the announcement of this year’s spring concert and final comedian.

The band AJR will headline the event with Sean Kingston opening for them. The final comedian will be Saturday Night Live alum Jay Pharoah.

The announcement came during Campus Entertainment Network’s (CEN) March Meltdown event, “The Meltdown.” Food trucks provided hot potatoes and baked goods and students could sit and enjoy their food at tables on the D’Angelo Commons.

The announcement was made using a sign that was rolled down, but when the sign was dropped, the entire thing fell to the ground.

Students are excited about the concert and comedian.

“The sign falling was funny. The reveal was well done with all the trucks,” said senior Tom Wallace. “The performers are great, both the opener and the headline are going to be fun and Jay Pharaoh is very funny. I’m excited to see him.”

CEN Advisor and Assistant Director of Student Programs, Leadership and Orientation Jerrel Burgo said the process of planning the reveal was fun and he is glad to see the finished product.

“We are excited about the performers for both the concert and comedian. As always, we used a student-wide service to gauge the interest of students to see who they want to see and we provided based on the results,” Burgo said. “We are excited to offer something a little different than what we have been able to offer into the COVID world. We hope the students and campus are excited.”

The concert and final comedian performances will be live-streamed.