Swimming and diving teams earn win over Bridgewater State

Megan Julian, Herald Contributor

The men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams hosted their biggest rival in Bridgewater State University on Wednesday, Nov. 15 and came away with a pair of victories.

The men’s swimmers came out with a strong win by a final score of 168-72. The women’s team had a strong showing as well as their score was 175-46.

The team was pumped up and you could feel their excitement before the swimmers even jumped into the pool.

Men’s Results:

The men came out strong in their first event. The 200-yard medley relay race included swimmers such as freshman Eamon McKenney, sophomore John Babuka and seniors Gabriel Pasqualucci and Paul Marchese finished with a time of 1:38.36.

The men’s team performed well in their 1000-yard freestyle. Sophomore Jeremy Penny came in third for the Hawks, junior Matthew McKenzie came in second. Finally, Babuka finished with the top time in the race posting a time of 10:36.59.

Women’s Results:

The women’s first event was also the 200-yard medley. The women finished the race claiming the top three finishes. Seniors Hannah Nolte and Mackenzie Webber, sophomore Kenzie Sweeney and freshman Megan Peters finished at the top of the leaderboard ending with a time of 1:54.70.

Freshman Allegra Iacovino began a series of individual wins for the women’s team with her victory in the race the 100-yard freestyle. Webber got her second win of the day in the 50-yard freestyle as well as Peters in the 200-yard butterfly.

In the 200-yard backstroke, junior Gabrielle Pielka captured first place with a time of 2:12.46.

To wrap it all up for the women’s team in the 200-yard freestyle relay, Webber, seniors Shantelle Richards and Alyssa Bush and freshman Emily Slusarczyk won first place.