Bristol resident Michael Santos arrested for indecent exposure

Officers of the Bristol Police Department arrested 29-year-old Michael Santos on Friday, Nov. 22. The Bristol resident was charged with Indecent Exposure – Disorderly Conduct – 1st Offense at the Misdemeanor Level for exposing himself to a Roger Williams University student on campus on Nov. 7.

According to the email sent to the university community on Nov. 28, Santos has no connections to the university and was served with a no trespass letter.

Santos’ bond was set at $1,000 with the condition of a non-domestic no contact order. His arraignment was set for Wednesday, Dec. 6 at 9 a.m.

This indecent exposure charge is not the first time Santos has had a run-in with the law. In the past ten years, he has been charged with Domestic Violence, Simple Assault and/or Battery, Disorderly Conduct, and Vandalism by both the Warren and the Bristol Police Departments.

Students on campus have expressed feelings of relief after learning of the arrest.

“I usually walk with friends if I’m out late at night,” said freshman Sam Dowling, “But you never know when you’re going to end up in a situation like that.”

“From the way that the school and students responded to the situation, it makes me think that this kind of thing doesn’t happen often,” said freshman Kayla Milton, adding that she is glad that the indecent exposure incident is not a common occurrence.

“Knowing that he has a background in violent behavior makes me a little nervous that he’s easily able to just come onto campus, even with the no trespass order,” Milton added.

“I wonder how they caught him,” said sophomore Drew Larkin, “I didn’t think they got the best photo on the P-Safe camera, so I think that it would have been hard to pick him out of that.”