Celebrate Valentine’s Day with a sweet serenade: The Musicians’ Guild hosts annual fundraising event

Musicians and music lovers can definitely find a home in RWU’s Musicians’ Guild. Students have the opportunity to jam out with each other and share their passions for music, while performing at events on campus or casually playing together in meetings. On the night of Feb. 12, the Musicians’ Guild held its annual Valentine’s Day Serenading fundraiser in Upper Commons.

“We chose to do this fundraiser because we wanted to spread club awareness while raising funds for future events, doing what we love in the process,” Senior Treasurer Colby Masse said. “My favorite part is seeing diverse musicians come together. No matter what genre they prominently play, we can come together and make something happen. I think that music is one of the things that unites people regardless of what they believe in or where they come from. Taking some time to notice that is really powerful.”  

Freshman Joe Carano, guild member, said, “I thought [the event] was a great idea. My favorite part was playing the Drake and Josh theme song.”

Students dining in Upper Commons could pay $2 for guild members to sing songs from a pre-made list, or $3 for any other song requests. They could choose to say whether or not they wanted to dedicate the song to someone special.

A few song choices from the night:

“Everytime We Touch” by Cascada

“Toxic” by Britney Spears

“God is a Woman” by Ariana Grande

“Before He Cheats” by Carrie Underwood

“I Found a Way” by Drake Bell

“Tequila” by Dan + Shay

“Love Story” by Taylor Swift