Paws up for All Paws In

Back in 2017, senior accounting major Morgan Johnson was in the second semester of her freshman year. What started with organizing a small group of people to join her turned into Johnson creating a club that has become one of the most popular at RWU — All Paws In.

Current e-board members of All Paws In are President Morgan Johnson, Vice President Tori Love, Secretary Emily Kewer and Treasurer Joey Sullivan.

“We focus on planning fundraisers to raise money for the Bristol Animal Shelter,” Johnson said.

When Morgan was just six years old, she raised money for the same animal shelter all on her own.

“Fundraising and volunteering at animal shelters was and still is my biggest passion,” Morgan said.

All Paws In has a very special and popular fundraiser, which is a cookie delivery. The club delivers holiday-themed Pillsbury cookies around campus to different residence halls and campus buildings.

Their next cookie delivery will occur on Nov. 19 from 6 to 9 p.m. They sell the cookies at a price of $2 for three cookies and $5 for nine cookies. All Paws In is also planning a trip to the Roger Williams Park Zoo at the end of the spring semester.

“Our entire e-board is seniors, so we are aiming to go out with a bang,” Johnson said.

All Paws In has biweekly meetings on Mondays, with their next meeting on Nov. 18 at 8:30 p.m. in ARCH 132. There may or may not be slight appearances of dogs here and there at every club meeting.

RWU also offers a work-study job at the Bristol Animal Shelter, with a shuttle that will pick the student up and take them there. Anyone interested in the work-study at the shelter can email Feinstein Center for Service Learning and Community Engagement Director KC Ferrara or see her in the farmhouse, which is across from Commons.

”I love being a part of this club. I love dogs and I love raising money for shelters, especially for one that works so close with this university,” freshman member Lexi Riccardi said.