COVID-19 updates | March 25

COVID-19 Updates

March 25

Students will not be returning to campus for the rest of the Spring 2020 semester as stated in an all-student email sent out by RWU President Miaoulis. 

Student Accounts

The university expects to issue credits or refunds to over 3,000 students with room and board plans. This is on top of balancing the unexpected multi-million-dollar impact on the university and temporarily laying off dining services and shuttle staff. 

The payments to students will be calculated and given within the next two weeks. These dues will be made through Roger Central and the average refund is predicted to be $3,100, which is set to change depending on housing assignments, meal plan selection and other varying factors. 

Account credits will also vary based on account balances that still need to be paid. These credits can also be used for the following fall semester or given back as a refund. 

Retrieving Items

From 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on March 27 and 28, students can access their rooms to move their belongings out. The student must complete an express check-out before the end of the semester. 

Account adjustments will be kept the same no matter when students move out of their rooms. Other logistics and signup protocols will be sent out by Student Life later today, March 25. 

Commencement 2020

A decision on Commencement has not been made. President Miaoulis will keep in touch with the senior class over the next few weeks.