Office of Admissions takes preventative measures in response to COVID-19

The Office of Admissions is taking multiple steps to prevent COVID-19 exposure on the Bristol campus.

Dean of Admission Amy Tiberio announced via all-university email today that undergraduate Accepted Student Days (ASDs) originally planned for March 21, 28 and 29 will be canceled. This is in response to the university’s new guidelines on canceling events with over 50 attendees.

The office will still hold daily campus visits and smaller graduate admissions events. Attendance for these sessions has been limited to no more than 50 people in any session.

In efforts to maintain engagement with prospective students and families, admissions staff is in the process of planning alternative, virtual opportunities to interact with them.

Unless the current guidelines extend into April, the office continues to plan on hosting its large-scale, undergraduate events next month, including an Accepted Students Day on April 5 and an Open House on April 19. Registration caps have been placed on these events in anticipation of visitors rescheduling from the March dates.

The office is planning on adding visiting opportunities in April if it is determined that large events can be held at that point. According to Tiberio, the loss of March ASDs will result in a loss of 1,300 student attendees, so providing new event opportunities would be very beneficial.

Depending on developments in the coming days or weeks, staff will continue to focus on yielding the enrolling class for fall 2020, according to Tiberio. She said their timeline may extend longer than usual, but that “[they] are ready to do what it takes and to be creative within these very unique circumstances.”

Prospective students and families can visit https://www.rwu.edu/undergraduate/admission-aid/visit-rwu/updates-alternatives for updated information.