I always live by the mentality that every morning should start off with a delicious muffin. There are so many kinds of muffins out there: chocolate chip, blueberry, lemon poppyseed, etcetera etcetera. Almost anyone in the world can find a muffin they prefer.
For me, that morning muffin is an apple cinnamon! This muffin paired with a delicious chai tea is a great way to start any kind of day, whether it be a busy Monday or a lazy Saturday. All the ingredients are staples for any kitchen pantry and fridge, and they only take about 25 minutes to make!
– Cooking spray
– 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
– 1 teaspoon vanilla
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 1/4 cup light brown sugar
– 2 eggs
– 1 1/2 cup flour
– 2 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
– Pinch salt
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1 cup applesauce
1) Preheat oven to 375 F. Coat muffin tin with cooking spray.
2) In a large bowl, mix together butter, vanilla, sugar, and light brown sugar. Whisk in eggs until smooth.
3) In a separate bow, combine 1/2 cup of flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
4) Add dry ingredients to wet ingredient mixture a little at a time, stirring until combined. Add applesauce, and then slowly mix in the remaining cup of flour.
5) Pour batter into muffin cups until almost full. Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool in baking tin for 10 minutes. Then place muffins on a wire rack to cool entirely. This recipe makes six large muffins or 12 regular sized muffins.